-

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Halloween is 'spooky' close!
So I am sharing a quick-sew costume 
to make the upcoming holiday more of a 'treat' than a 'trick'.
 This idea came to me when I saw that The Ribbon Retreat now carries craft felt!
And it comes in SO many dreamy colors....

 For this poodle skirt I used: 1 yard of craft felt in aqua, 1 yard of craft felt in black,
2"-wide elastic for the waistband, and a basic black Color Wave Ribbon Mix.

Print off the 'poodle pattern' below or use one of your own.

 PLEASE NOTE: the craft felt is sold in a 12" width.
I would assume this width to be suitable up to a size 4T.








Next, I made a Spike Bow using this great TRR tutorial!
The instructions are SO simple to follow.

Finally, to complete the costume, I used a 'fairytale tutu' sold through The Ribbon Retreat.
That extra 'fluff' really adds to the fun of the Sock Hop Skirt!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!