-

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Refurbished Address Plaque

 We have owned our home for five years.
And for the last five years I have despised this horrible address plaque.
Not sure what I hate worse: the forest green/rose color motiff or the scrolly vines & flowers.
Blah!
So I eyed this version that I really loved at Home Depot,
but I didn't love the $49 price tag.
I totally think it's worth that amount.... 
I would just rather buy groceries for the weekend instead of an address plaque.
 Whitehall Products Rolling Hills Mini Wall One Line Address Plaque in Black/Gold
 One afternoon, the ceramic seemed to look especially hideous, 
so I whacked it with a hammer.
Yep, it never saw it coming.
Man, that felt good.
So with a couple of extra whacks, all of the rose vineyard came crumbling down:)
 The plaque unscrewed easily, and I quickly coated it with a matte black spray paint.
 Huge improvement already!
Funny how Forest Green was one of my favorite colors in 1998....
 I had a small piece of gold vinyl in my stash,
so I cut out our address numbers with the Cricut.
 I applied the numbers and a thin gold border on an 1/4" thick scrap piece of veneer plywood.
 Then I sealed the plaque with two coats of polyurethane.
After re-screwing the metal onto the house, 
I used a clear/waterproof caulk to affix the lightweight wood plaque.  

Ta Da!

No more nightmarish house numbers from the 80's!
Yep, I'm going to sleep better tonight;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to
    me. Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it.Thanks for this post. House address signs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this service.Add elegance to your entryway with Allami’s distinctive address plaques

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support!