-

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Embroidery Monogram

I got a letter in the mail last week.
My husband's cute cousin is getting married and her future in-laws sent a letter along with a square piece of white fabric.
The instructions said to personalize the white fabric as a quilt block for the couple!
Then they are piecing it together in enough time to give the quilt as a wedding gift...
such a thoughtful gift!
I loved the idea!

I decided to do a monogram for my quilt block and thought I'd try embroidering it.
I used to embroidery about 5 years ago and was pretty decent at it.
Apparently, you need to keep practicing or your skill level diminishes...
but overall I loved how the quilt block turned out.
 I got the pattern for the letter 'M' on this website; they had lots of beautiful (and free) patterns!
 I love the little clusters of french knots...
But my satin stitch is a little rusty!
Anyway, I love the idea behind the wedding quilt & I can't wait to see the final product!
I also look forward to diving into my old embroidery patterns & stitching up something for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!