-

Friday, March 29, 2013

Basic Breadsticks

It's FRIDAY!
As I've mentioned before we celebrate the end of the week with pizza & a movie.
We have had this tradition for over a year now and our entire family looks forward to it.

We take turns for who gets to pick the movie,
 but we always have homemade pizza & bread sticks.
I thought I would share my quick bread stick recipe with you today!
(This dough recipe can also be used for a pizza crust)

1 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast (one pkg)
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp oil
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.  Combine warm water, yeast, & sugar.  Let stand 5 minutes.  
Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Prepare baking sheet/cookie sheet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
Roll dough out to a large rectangle, about 1/2" thick.
Lightly brush with melted butter and let rise.
(I usually just let it rise while my pizza is cooking; about 10-15 minutes)
Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Brush again with melted butter.

Finally (here's the greatest tip) dust with 1/3 packet of dry ranch seasoning.
Buttermilk ranch is the best.
Cut & serve.  Eat 'em while they're hot!

I like these bread sticks because
you don't have to take the time to roll, twist, double-rise, etc.
And the ranch seasoning is a perfect pairing with pepperoni pizza:)

Long-live Friday nights!


1 comment:

  1. Yum. I'm going to have try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support!