-

Monday, July 2, 2012

Patriotic Pinwheel

I LOVE the 4th of July!
I love my country.
But I do not love spending $15 on a patriotic t-shirt my child will wear one day.

Here's my solution:

Make a patriotic pinwheel!
 Cut out 3 squares (mine are 5") of 2 fabrics, and 1 double-sided fusing material.
 Iron them all together to make one square.

Fold & cut the diagonals of the square, leaving 1/4" uncut at the center.
 Fold your pinwheel:)
Use a pin to help keep in place.
 Sew the center points.
 I found a cute white t-shirt that I know is one of my daughter's favorite and it fits her well.
 Then simply sew a button in the center of the pinwheel, through the shirt, to affix the pinwheel in place.
 I used minimal stitching through the buttonholes, so as not to ruin the integrity of the shirt.


That way, on July 5th, I will simply snip the thread, take off the pinwheel, and have my daughter's fave white shirt back....unscathed:)

Go ahead and save the pinwheel for next year's festive shirt!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Janica! Such a cute idea and I love that you're not wasting a shirt forever. I've never bought double-sided fusing material- can I find it at Walmart? Hope you guys have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support!