-

Monday, July 23, 2012

Digital Scrapbooking Tip Series Day #1

I've been dabbling with digital scrapbooking for the last few years and I really enjoy it!
However, I've definitely learned some tips along the way, so I thought I'd share them with you this week.
This is what has worked for me:)

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING TIP #1:
LIMIT YOUR COLLECTIONS

I used to download EVERY free digiscrap element, alpha, & kit available.
They were free, right?!
I would use them someday, right?!

Well, what I quickly realized is that I was filling my external hard drive with random pieces in totally different styles---none of them really went together so it was hard to compose a stylish layout (LO).

Well, not anymore:)
I eventually  found an artist/team that I really loved....Shabby Princess (SP).
I loved how my layouts were turning out with their products,
and so I decided to trash all my other random collections and focus on SP!



From then on, I have only purchased/downloaded from SP.
It is so convenient having ALL of my digital scrapbooking supplies coordinate since they are the same genre. 

The 'heartfelt' and 'gracie' kits are just two example of SP products,
 but see how their elements can easily compliment one another?!

I am definitely not saying Shabby Princess is the ONLY great digital scrapbook supplier.
But they fit MY style the best:)
Check out their great blog, too!


My take-away tip is to find the artist/team that you most admire and stick with them!
If you try to mix up shabby, modern, and realistic elements into one LO it will only frustrate your digital scrapbooking endeavors.

So remember:
DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING TIP #1:
LIMIT YOUR COLLECTIONS
It's Overflowing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!