-

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Digital Scrapbooking Series Tip #4

I'm here to share my digiscrap tip of the day.

Today's tip has to do with filing.

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING TIP #4:
SAVE LAYOUTS WITH ORIGINAL PICTURES

When I first started scrapping, I made a file called "My DigiScrap Pages".
This worked fine for awhile; but then I got confused as to what I had already scrapbooked and what I hadn't!!!
(maybe I'm the only one with that poor of a memory!)

Eventually I came upon the solution for me;
I now save the finished layout with the original pictures!

In the folder below, I have all of my son's birthday pictures.
And right there with those darling pictures is a finished LO! (see the first thumbnail)
 Likewise, below is this year's Easter Weekend pictures...and some finished layouts:)


This filing system works great for me!
I know that if I want to find that LO of Christmas Eve, I should look in my 12/24 file!  
Easy Peezy!

There are, of course, always exceptions to the rule.
For instance, some LOs may have photos from several different dates!

In that case, I either copy & save the finished layout in ALL of the applicable date(s) files
OR
save them as a miscellaneous jpeg in my general picture file.

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING TIP #4:
SAVE LAYOUTS WITH ORIGINAL PICTURES

I hope that makes saving & searching your completed digiscrap projects easier!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!