-

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Digital Scrapbooking Series Tip #3

This next tip is going to seem like a 'no-brainer'.
But it is one that I easily overlooked.

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING TIP #3:
STATE THE FACTS!
(a.k.a. journal!)

In the beginning of my scrapbooking journey, 
I got easily caught-up in all of the darling papers, elements, alphas, etc.  
It was so fun to manipulate them!  
Well, I would "waste" so much time playing around with the look of my page
that at the end I would just hurry and throw in my picture and call it good.
I SKIPPED JOURNALING!

In my mind I just didn't think about it.
And somehow I thought I'd ALWAYS remember the event 
that was important enough to document in the first place, right?
WRONG!

Some of my pages from 5 years ago don't even have the date!
-see example below-
Pathetic, I know.


I have recently tried making a conscious effort to put the 
Who, What, Where, & When  in my pages.

This really is a MUST for documenting your families' happenings.
Just think, 100 years from now we will not be around to monologue the background 
behind your cherished photo album.
Your great-grandson may not recognize your sister's blue eyes----
so label the photo and preserve your information!

In the LO below I have the essentials covered.

Who: my son
What: his Christmas Gifts
When: Christmas 2011 (although not a specific date, good enough)
Where: location of photo w/Santa


The page isn't screaming "informative" but it will be helpful at a future date:)

Here's the review:

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING TIP #3:
STATE THE FACTS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!