-

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Grilled Veggie Tray

I was asked to bring the vegetable tray for a recent party.
About an hour before it was time to go, I looked in the fridge and didn't have carrots. 
Or celery.  
Or broccoli. 

Well, you get the picture:(

I procrastinated, once again.

However, what I did have was brussel sprouts, asparagus, & zucchini!
Weird, I know.

So I cleaned and tossed these veggies in some olive oil.
I placed them on a tinfoil-lined cookie sheet and sprinkled with salt & pepper.
That's it.
 I grilled them in the oven for 15-20 minutes @ 375 degrees, stirring once.
They turned out with a beautiful broiled brown around the edges!
This was so easy and tasty!
Everyone loved this Grilled Veggie Tray as opposed to the 'regular' variety.
Not ONE person complained that they missed their cauliflower:)

Sometimes procrastination pays off!
Just don't tell my kids I said that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!