-

Thursday, May 10, 2012

1st Birthday Cake

My baby is ONE!
I made this simple cake to celebrate my sweet girl!

I had been wanting to try baking a cake in a "can"....so the kids had pears for breakfast & I cooked a small bit of batter in a 29 oz aluminum can.  It took about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  It turned out great!  I think the key is to spray & flour the can very well so that it releases easily.

I first tried making my own fondant about 4 years ago---it is SO tasty!
My kids love to eat it plain; it's basically a glorified marshmallow.
I follow the directions on Peggy Weaver's website & it turns out beautifully EACH time!

A cute ribbon at the base, a cupcake stacked on top, & the fun polka-dot candle
 make this a pretty cake for a pretty baby girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support!