-

Friday, April 13, 2012

Orange Retro Blouse

Here's one of my entries for Rae's "Spring Top Sewalong"!

I found the NewLook pattern (#E6078) at my local WalMart and was totally drawn-in by 
the rounded collar and the feminine pintucks.

I found this heavy cotton @ JoAnns.  
I love the dainty floral combined with the vibrant orange:)
I believe it's part of their Lisette collection exclusively for JoAnns.
 When I finished this shirt, I loved the retro-housewife feel of it; 
so I ended up pairing it with my Grandma's round brooch.
 The original pattern had an awkward sleeve-length....hitting about 4" below my elbow?!
So I chopped them off, re-affixed, and add the elastic to gather the sleeve.
For me, this is a much more flattering look.
....I really should hit the gym....but I'd rather sew!

Here's a close-up of those adorable pintucks.
So tiny.  So sweet.   Such a great detail.

And below is a view of the back.
This is the first garment I've made with all of these darts and pleats!
It was a challenge, but I love the payoff!
Fitted, and flattering.
Thanks to Rae for always motivating some "selfish sewing"!
I am totally pleased with my Orange Retro Blouse!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous job! I've never been brave enough to try something so detailed yet.
    Your top gets my vote :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support!